Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission that I will use to support the cost of this blog.
Choosing safe yet still effective cleaning products is easy!
Just as with personal care products, harmful ingredients abound in household cleaning products. Ever wonder why you feel little sick walking through the aisle of cleaning agents in the grocery store? It’s all of the carcinogenic fragrances permeating into the air! Again, my preference is for products I make myself using water, white vinegar, baking soda, and sometimes even vodka, or when I want something even easier, I go with my Pure Haven products. Pure Haven is my business and my mission. Everything is fully transparent on the label, made in the USA with organic ingredients, fairly priced, and good for you and the environment. They are also very effective!
My favorite products are in use at my house everyday! And with two kids, a dog, and a husband, they see a lot of use! I am also blessed to have a lovely cleaning crew come to my house periodically. They use only my Pure Haven products, and I feel happy and confident about having a clean house for my family as well as good health for these lovely ladies who help me.
Items I can’t live without are as follows:
- Dish soap – I have the dish soap and hand soap at my kitchen sink. It’s a mighty duo! The dish soap has powerful citrus-based cleaning agents to cut through grease and oil yet it is gentle on my hands. I love it.
- Glass cleaner – I grew up using that “blue” cleaner, never knowing how yucky it was for me. This glass cleaner works just as well to give me a streak-free shine on my mirrors and windows.
- Master Blaster – If I had to pick just one favorite cleaning product, it would be the Master Blaster. It eliminates odors and removes stains on clothing, rugs, and upholstery. It’s an enzymatic cleaner and works within minutes. It gets out red wine, cherry juice, urine smells, and much much more.
- Scrubbing cleanser – Say good-bye to those “soft scrubs,” and hello to this mild yet tough as nails cleanser. It’s great on tubs, sinks, and tough dried-on, baked-on food on your ceramic cookware.
- Surface cleaner – This all-purpose cleaner is hard on dirt, yet gentle on you, your family, and the environment. It’s safe for wood, hardwood floors, granite, tile, porcelain, painted surfaces, and laminate. I even use it to wipe down the kids’ toys and the baby’s high chair.
- Laundry detergent – I’ve tried a lot of “green” products and this one is more effective than any others. It has no methylisothiazolinone like other “green” products. Did you know that some people who think they have eczema just have a contact allergy to methylisothiazolinone? That ingredient is no good. If you see it on a label, don’t buy it.